Monday, November 9, 2009

Josh Penry Pulls Out of Governor's Race


I just found out that Republican Josh Penry pulled out of the race for Governor Bill Ritter's seat. Penry cited the lack of funding for his campaign as well as the fact that he doesn't want to split the vote when it comes to making sure a Republican maintains the governor's seat as his reasons for dropping out of the race (this all according to The Denver Post and KJCT News Channel 8). While I'm not sure I want to see the Republicans keep the position of governor, I do know that I would prefer not to see the incumbent keep his seat. Governor Ritter did try to avoid making cuts to education, reducing the $1 billion cut to only $260 million, but at the same time, he voted to reduce the number of natural gas drilling permits in the state of Colorado. Now I guess I'll have to pull for Scott McInnis to receive the Republican nomination, seeing as he can accurately represent our interests here on the Western Slope.

2 comments: